Wednesday, July 2, 2008


I've been home from my sabbatical for a few weeks. In some ways, it seems like it never happened. Coming back feels like walking back into the vortex of ministry and life. In other ways, every day has a difference because of my time alone with Papa. There are moments where the Lord's presence is so real - in the midst of the everyday - that it seems to make the everyday, unique.

I'm also being blessed with stories from people who are hearing from the Lord and allowing Him to work in their lives.

Ministry feels more like a spectator sport. I watch what God is doing, get involved when it's possible. Mostly it's just cool to see Jesus, the Minister, in action. The trick, for me, will be to remember this when the demands are .... so demanding.

The sabbatical continues - just in small doses.

2 comments:

Heather said...

'The sabbatical continues - just in small doses'

I love that! That is how I have been feeling since you left and I decided to do my own sabbatical. God has shown me that I don't have to leave for an extended period of time to have daily 'sabbaticals'. Just carving out quiet time with Him have been so amazing. I have never been more in love with His Word and I have never had more desire to really study His Word than I do right now! It's pretty incredible!

Thanks for the conversation yesterday. It was so good visiting with you and sharing! We are so blessed to have you leading our flock!

Blessings and Love!

Tanya said...

Some how you will have to learn to put the sabbatical in daily living. He is so amazing, and I just cherish those moments with Him. I guess it has made such a difference knowing that He is excited to have those moments with me. Sabbatical does not have to end with being home, it is the beginning. God bless you and I am glad you seek papa daily. Tanya